Menorca Car Hire
One of the best and easiest ways to explore Menorca is through car hire. There are plenty of cars to choose from on the island and plenty of Menorcan car hire companies to research.
- Ensure you are of the legal driving age. You need to be 25 to drive a hire car legally in Menorca.
- Figure out how many days you want to hire your car for. If you’re not collecting your hire car from the airport, you will automatically not need the car for your 2 travel days. (Children under 12 cannot travel in the front seat).
- In the rear, passengers under 135cm tall must use specially adapted safety devices and restraints.
- Double check if you need a child seat/booster seat. These will usually cost extra.
- Prices during the peak season July/August cost significantly more than out of season.
Menorca Car Hire Companies – Recommendations
There are various companies that you can search among, such as Owners Cars, Gold Car, OK Rent a Car, Inter Rent, Hertz, Enterprise and more.
However, we’d recommend using a comparison site. This way you don’t have to search for hours and the hard work and stress is taken out of the experience. Below find two companies we recommend you Menorca car hire search on:
Menorca Car Hire Advice
- Please be safe on the roads and observe the speed limits in Menorca.
- Be aware of your nearest petrol station. There aren’t hundreds on the island so you don’t want to get caught out.
- Remember they drive on the opposite side of the road to the UK.
- Make yourself comfortable in the car when you first get in it. Check where the lights are, windscreen wipers, check belts and mirrors. The usual precautions when you first step foot in a new car.
- Be careful for parking in Menorca. More often than not you will find free parking in Menorca and within the resorts of Menorca. But every so often you will have to pay, so be careful when parking.
- Ensure what comes with the booking. E.g. what type of insurance, how full the petrol tank needs to be upon return, the time you need to drop the hire car off and any additional fees.
Finally, have fun. Explore the island. If you want any tips on where to go, take a look at some of the activities available on the island here.