Menorca Airport – Mahon – MAH
During the summer season flights to Menorca are readily available from the majority of the large UK airports, landing at the only airport on the island, Mahon airport.
Approximately flight times from UK airports to Mahon Airport
- London Gatwick (over 2 hours flight)
- London Heathrow (over 2 hours flight)
- London Stansted (over 2 hours flight)
- Manchester (2 and a half hours flight)
- Cardiff (2 and a half hours flight)
- Birmingham (2 and a half hours flight)
- East Midlands (2 and a half hours flight)
- Newcastle (3 hours flight)
- Edinburgh (3 hours flight)
- Bristol (2 and a half hours flight)
- London Luton (over 2 hours flight)
- Leeds (3 hours flight)
- Belfast (3 and a half hours flight)
- Glasgow (over 3 hours flight)
Upon Arrival To Mahon Aiport
There is only 1 commercial airport on the island of Menorca and all flights land at this airport, Mahon, or sometimes called Mao. This airport has recently been renovated and is small, quick and efficient. You can expect to wait up to around 30 minutes for your baggage, sometimes less, which is extremely good compared to many airports in and around the Mediterranean.
After collecting your bags, coaches and buses tend to be straight ahead and towards the left hand side, including tour operators. Car hire cars tend to be collected straight ahead and towards the right hand side. Companies typically have an information desk in and around Mahon airport for assistance, if required.
Airport Car Hire
There are plenty of companies that you can hire cars from, but we usually recommend booking this in advance. As car hire can be limited if you do no pre-book.
Menorca Car Hire Recommendations
- The Easy brand continues to provide great value away of more than just flights. Search among hundred of cars, companies, dates and prices to find your ideal Menorca car hire deal.
- One of the best in everything else you’d need for your holiday – travel add-ons, airport parking, airport hotels, airport lounges and travel insurance. They’ve been around for over 30 years so be sure to have a look at them here – Holiday Extras
- If you’re happy to be whisked away by somebody and leave the stress of driving to somebody else, then look no further. Great value transfer rates to all resorts and towns on the island of Menorca, directly from Mahon Airport.
Mahon airport has a vast range of cafe, shops, food outlets and duty free areas to shop. There’s a smoking area next to Burger King at the far end of the airport that is found after security.
Again, this is swift and efficient. However, in August this small airport can be slightly overwhelmed, so expect busy queues during the school holiday periods.
The Menorca airport can found just outside the capital city of Mahon.
You can find further information on the official Aeropuerto de Menorca website.
Or find further information and our Menorca holiday recommendations here.
Feel free to begin your holiday search below, with our helpful and easy to use tool;